Monday, November 28, 2011

Updates- Quinn





I’m not even sure where to start with Quinn.  She is my main source of entertainment these days, with such a vivid imagination I just never know what is going to come out of her mouth and she LOVES being silly.  She is such a sweet girl overall and I can’t tell for sure, but I think she might be moving past her tantrum stage.  Don’t get me wrong, she still has them but we are definitely improving in that area.  She is also working very hard at being sweet to & sharing with her sister.  It is such a challenge, but on most days she does great.  I’m still a nervous wreck on most days because they LOVE tickling & chasing & jumping on/around each other but they are usually laughing like crazy, so I can’t complain too much ;)
Quinn still loves arts & crafts, reading, & playing dress up.  Here are some notes from my very first parent/teacher conference:
She comes right in every day ready to get to work & chat with Miss Amy & Miss Rupa.  Quinn cares about her friends & is usually very kind & verbally negotiate “my turn”.  She is always game to get ready for the next event- unless she is working on art-- Miss Amy says Quinn is definitely an artist at heart.  She is very impressed with the way Quinn always has a vision of what she wants to accomplish during art class and does her best to accomplish it.  She also loves the way Quinn makes sure she studies what she will paint/draw before & during the project--  The center of Quinn’s play is art, she loves to draw & paint! She also loves pretend play. Quinn is a loving & happy spirit.  She loves to tease the teachers & show them funny things.  She loves to laugh & make them laugh too.  
Miss Amy also mentioned that Quinn might be on the fence for needing a little bit of speech therapy.  She said overall Quinn has a great vocabulary but there were some things she has a tough time with, but does not get frustrated when the teachers ask her to help them better understand what she is saying.  Of course, as her parents, we haven’t noticed an issue but we could probably understand what she wanted without her using words at all...Speech/vision screenings are coming up at school, so we’ll see what they say.  
Well, that’s all for updates next up I’ll work on posting some fun pictures as we have been very busy for the past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment