Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Quinn!!

Our little Quinn is 2!!!!

Since we had her party at the beach, we had a small celebration at home on Quinn's birthday.  She had her favorite-- pancakes for breakfast and pizza for dinner.

Then we had a cute ladybug cake and opened a few presents!
Quinn literally waited for this moment all day--I woke her up singing "Happy Birthday" and she immediately asked, "where's the cake?"!



black icing is a terrible idea, by the way

I think she still has stains under her fingernails
Kathryn was more amused by her mobile

crown she got in school

loves her new "art station"


Add caption
and all of the excitement put little Kathryn to sleep!


cowboy boots from Nana

Quinn also had her Two-year check-up at the doctor's this week and once again, she had a great report.  Here are her stats: 27.5 lbs (78%), 36.5" tall (97%), and her head is 48.5 cm (87%).

She still loves Sesame Street, reading, dancing, singing.  She has started jumping and counting and loves playing outside on her "cycle"-- and is now peddling some too!) and, of course, with her baby sister.

She basically says her prayers on her own these days, but I need to get a video of it-- so cute, "Dear God, I pray for Mommy, Daddy, Pac (Kathryn's pacifier), new Pac, Baby Kathryn, etc...

She is nonstop talking and can mostly talk in short sentences.  Some of my favorites are:

See you later mommy. I love you. (when getting dropped off at school)
Love baby Kathryn
Call daddy for chips (loves it when Dean brings her chips home from work)
Mmm that's a good sandwich.


Some others things she has started saying...Let go mommy (going up & down the stairs)
Quinn do it (ie stop trying to help me!)
Don't like it ;(

And keeping in mind, she only just turned 2, but I can tell you the toddler stage is not nearly as scary as I thought it would be.  Quinn is so good natured, fun-loving, very smart, and such a sweet little girl-- she brings joy and laughter into our lives every day.  We love you Pumpkin!!



No comments:

Post a Comment