What a fun Christmas we had!! It was so great to see my parents and “Aunt Laur”. I get so sad that we don’t get to see them whenever we want. We missed Aaron this year and also missed spending more time with the Driskells, our visit in Birmingham just wasn’t long enough.
Of course, the girls had a blast, despite Quinn not feeling her best....she had a fever Christmas Eve - Day after Christmas, which we would come to find later was Croup (and from what I hear, most of my family is still recovering from their exposure to the “kid germs”)...sorry guys, hopefully you thought the trip was worth it!!
Here we are on Christmas Eve (below). We got all dressed up & went to kids’ mass at church. It was PACKED, standing room only. But Quinn & Nana were able to find a seat up front so Quinn could see, she had so much fun and her favorite was singing Happy Birthday to Jesus and clapping for all of the songs.
Leaving reindeer food on the lawn.
Following the Quinn tradition, we each opened one gift on Christmas Eve, hmmm.... can you guess what it was??!
The girls’ PJs were so cute this year. Their Aunt Kelly made them Christmas Tree Tshirts!
Christmas Eve Cookies.. Ymmm!
ere we are Christmas morning, and yet another Quinn tradition....this one I am not found of, but I think we might look back and enjoy it....one day.
Of course, we didn’t go through the torture I went through when Laur & I were little. I think Mom & Dad must have made us stop on EACH STEP for a picture. It took us FOREVER to get to the bottom of the stairs!!
And we can’t forget that it was a white Christmas!! SOO exciting!
These two were like little kids with their snowball fight.
after helping to build him, she wasn’t sure what to think. She kept waiting for him to “do something”. I think like Frosty, which is what Quinn named him.
This was pretty cute. Dad knows Quinn is going to grow up as a little southern girl, so I think he was trying to squeeze in as much good “northern” fun while he could. Here they are sledding on a cookie sheet. Dean thought we were crazy. Still not sure why?!
We opened presents all day long.
Bet Dean would have thought twice about offering to grill steaks for Christmas dinner had he known what the weather would be like. They were delicious though!!
Christmas day PJs from Aunt Chris & Uncle Chuck
Hope everyone had a VERY Merry Christmas, we certainly did!!
No comments:
Post a Comment