Monday, September 10, 2012

first day of preschool


well, this is a few weeks late, but better late than never ;)  the girls recently started back to school, and I wanted to post some pictures of their first day.  Quinn will be going on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (Miss Jenny & Miss Charmie) and Kathryn will be going on Mondays and Wednesdays (Miss Cheryl & Miss Rupa-- we just LOVE that she has Miss Rupa, since she was one of Quinn's teachers from last year!).  

Everyone was very excited for the first day; the week before we attended a popsicle party for Quinn's class and Kathryn's teacher came to visit us at home.  Quinn even had homework-- the first day was show & tell, they each had to bring 3 items... can you guess who was #1?!  (Doggie, one of her "Arials" and also the Angel from her Angel book that MomMom Nakrasius gave her).  



















they both have been doing GREAT in school--- we never had much of a doubt about Quinn, she seemed to miss it big time over the summer, especially seeing her friends.  But I was a little worried because Riley is in a different class this year.  She is still a little bummed but they still see each other some, on the playground & in the hallways.  Quinn does have Sage in her class again & is (of course) already quickly becoming friends with the rest of her class.

I was a little worried about Kathryn.  On her first day, after we dropped Quinn off she said, "come on Mommy!"...she thought I was going to class with her ;( But shortly after, she spotted Miss Rupa and off she went, so very proud of herself and happy as can be.  Her only issue has been Fridays,...on the first Friday that we had to drop off Quinn (Kathryn doesn't have school on Fridays), I think she cried for 30 minutes straight..."mmmmmyyyyy schooooool" ;( I will have to come up with something a little more fun than Kroger for our Friday morning dates.

They now love to torment me with car pool, they know I love to walk them to their classes & give hugs and kisses & they think it is hysterical to spring "car pool"! on me every other day and watch me pout.

Praying we can keep the enthusiasm for school this high when they get older!!



No comments:

Post a Comment