Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kathryn catch-up

well, I completely missed Kathryn's 15 month check-up... not sure how that happened, but I'm guessing it was a mix of ear infections and the holidays.... anyway, here is what she has been up to, and I'll get you the stats after her 18 month check-up in a few weeks!

She is still a very happy girl, and you can hear her sing "happy happy happy" multiple times throughout the day.  She is still a great talker, some of her newer words are, ooze (shoes), welwo (hello), apple, yogu (yogurt), beebee (baby), gook (book), ooouuff (off), ouch, pease (please), and bubby (buddy). She currently seems to have a little attachment growing with her blankie, which I think she is calling "meme" at the moment.  Time will tell if that is just a phase or if we have a little "Laur" on our hands!

We also have a decision to make for Kathryn... we are trying to decide on tubes for her ears or if we should tough it out..it was hard to believe when we counted them but she has had 7 infections in the past year, several taking 2 rounds of antibiotics and the most recent took 3 rounds.  We'll let you know what we come up with...

here is a video message for Nana's birthday-- I wish I had a better video of her "no, no, no" she gets very serious about it and shakes her finger, it is hard not to laugh.


As you can see from the pictures below, she is still the messiest eater out there, these pictures were of lasagna night....She is really into hats right now, and as hard as I try to break the habit, she is constantly trying to turn EVERYTHING into a hat.  



And right after she "carbed up", she did it, our baby decided to take a stroll across the kitchen floor!! before this, she had only taken one or two steps at a time, I was so excited I was able to catch her first real steps on video! (of course, had I known I might have cleaned her up a little better, put a cute dress on or something... or at least moved some of the "magic wands" out of the way! but to my defense it was girls' night and we were headed up for a bath... :)




I just love the way she cheers for herself halfway across the room, such a cutie-- I couldn't be more proud!!



And since she is a "walker" now, she was able to start school on their first day back from Christmas break.  As you can see, she was thrilled to get her own school bag..The teachers said she did great, socially she was on the same level as the rest of her class and did not cry once! She still needs some practice walking though, she was full of wood chips when it was time to go home-- she didn't seem to want to walk on the playground.  







Happy, Happy Girls!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment